Dinosaurs in Fukui Prefecture
- Fukuiraptor kitadaniensis ... Theropoda
- Fukuisaurus tetoriensis ... Ornithopoda
- Fukuititan nipponensis ... Sauropodomorpha
- Koshisaurus katsuyama ... Ornithopoda
- Fukuivenator paradoxus ... Theropoda
Saurischian dinosaurs, characterized by having the “lizard-hip” pelvic girdle and primitive dinosaurian features in the skull and limbs, consist of Theropoda and Sauropodomorpha. Triassic Eodromaeus and Herrerasaurus have theropod characters. Basal sauropodomorphs are bipedal and become quadrupedal in more derived forms.
Ornithischian dinosaurs are herbivorous and have the “bird-hip” pelvic girdle. They are primitively bipedal, and some of the more derived ornithischians are quadrupedal. Ornithischians first occurred in Triassic and are diversified during the Jurassic and Cretaceous into, for example, plated and armored dinosaurs.